This is very much a work in progress and is subject to change
Working description: a large city with a natural outer harbor - perhaps improved with a long, breakwater. And then a man-made inner harbor or 2. For the city itself there HAS to be at least 1 or 2 large cathedrals, a large palace and the like and all surrounded by a large city wall with towers. The city has a Mediterranean feel to it.
Defenses: A large and elaborate city wall. Actually 2 lines of walls one behind the other with a nice, wide, deep moat.
- Palace district
- A district for the upper level of nobility
- All cities (in stories and RPG's at least) have a run-down crime ridden area. Usually down by the docks.
- A market district with several markets and at least 1 large multistory one like Trajan's market in Rome.
- Lots of monuments and statues commemorating past glories
- City Watch (name not set yet) - a combination of police and fire department
- Some sort of customs & taxes group
- One main (very large) cathedral and 1 or 2 smaller ones
- HQ of the Cunha Rede
- Town Hall (or some other cool sounding name)
- Large Outer Harbor
- 2 Smaller/inner Harbors
- 3 Aqueducts and many deep wells for water
- Army/Military Barracks
- Navy base
- many buildings to house all the government ministries
- Large and elaborate sewer system - preferably complex enough for characters to walk around and get lost in.
- Amphitheater - Dating from the height of the Seuilman empire. Was used for gladiatorial games but the blood aspect has been dropped. Now used for various sports games.
- Hippodrome - Dating from the height of the Seuilman empire. Was used for chariot races but they have dropped the chariots and it now hosts horse races.
- Theater - A large theater. Again leftover from the height of the Seuilman empire but still very heavily used.