This is very much a work in progress and is subject to change
Working description: It is grand, pretentious and old. The streets laid out to some pattern - perhaps arcs centered on the harbor. Or circles centered on the palace. Or both. It must have a large palace complex, a temple area (a large one) and an area for the Arenul Ceen. Also other buildings and the like for all the departments and groups a large government would attract.
Defenses: A large and elaborate city wall. Actually 2 lines of walls one behind the other with a nice, wide, deep moat.
- Cordatrann - Temple district
- Enedh Uin Ardhon - Palace district
- A district for the upper level of nobility
- All cities (in stories and RPG's at least) have a run-down crime ridden area. Usually down by the docks.
- A market district with several markets.
- Grand Bazaar: It is a huge, multistory covered market said to be home to over 3,000 shops. A grand structure of granite and marble over two hundred years old. Believed to be one of the largest on the planet.
- Lots of monuments and statues commemorating past glories
Politics: Is there a town hall (or some elaborate sounding name) or is it all run from the palace?
- Caras Tiris (City Guard) - based off old Suielman Vigilia a combination of police and fire department
- Cornya Harma A customs & taxes group - the name literally means Money Gatherer
- Enedh Uin Ardhon - Palace district - In the center of city. The title literally means (Roughly) Center of the World.
- Palace Complex - The palace complex is at the center of the city (literally). Surrounded by a tall, thick wall with only 4 main gates (north, south, east and west). there are an unknown number of smaller gates and doorways. All well guarded.
- Cordatrann - Temple District - Near the palace
- Osto Nolme HQ of the arenul-ceen - near the palace
- Outer Harbor - Large, outer harbor
- Inner Harbor - Smaller, inner harbor
- Aqueduct At least 2 aqueducts and countless deep wells supply water to the city's people and the many fountains.
- Barraca - Army/Military Barracks complex
- The Arsenal - A large structure dating back to the Suielman empire. It is a massive weapons factory/repair center. Also nicknamed The Fabricae.
- Navy base - perhaps on small island in harbor
- Victora Momentia Purgentia: - A massive victory monument celebrating the Emperor Mercatius' conquest of Purgenti. Few remember Mercatius or even where Purgentia is.
- Theater: A large granite and marble structure capable of holding 3 to 4.000 people at a time. Built by the Suielman in -325CR and much modified, expanded and rebuilt over the centuries.
- Amphitheater: A large structure capable of holding some 9 to 10,000 people at a time. Built by the Suielman in -158CR but heavily modified and expanded since then. It will remain the largest amphitheater in the world till 1348CR.
- many buildings to house all the government departments
- Large and elaborate sewer system - preferably complex enough for characters to walk around and get lost in.